INVERCLYDE Chamber of Commerce is recruiting for the new role of part-time executive assistant.
This Executive Assistant role is a unique opportunity for a highly-organised individual to make a significant impact on the local business community by supporting the Chamber President, Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
This flexible, challenging and highly-rewarding role is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills across multiple business disciplines.
The ICC five-year strategy (2019 to 2024) has been developed to achieve key Chamber priorities focusing on growth of membership, lobbying, representing, and supporting the membership and delivering business value for the Inverclyde business community.
This role will significantly contribute towards developing, planning, and implementing ICC’s key deliverables. A high level of focus will be on stakeholder relationship, management of members and maintaining close ties with Scottish Chambers of Commerce, the wider SCC network, Inverclyde Council and Government organisations.
This position is dynamic and challenging and is well suited to someone who wishes to stretch their capabilities and grow their skillset.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Role is accountable to the Inverclyde Chamber CEO and the Board of Directors.
● The person appointed to this position will execute all business matters related to the daily running of the Chamber, taking business direction from the CEO, President, and the ICC Board.
● Work with the CEO to support and grow the membership year on year -– providing and proving good value to each member company, making themselves available at every opportunity to support members’ needs.
● Support the CEO to manage relationships with the membership, ensuring regular and effective communications with all members, highlighting issues to the President and Board and jointly working to resolve.
● The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all administration related to finance, membership, general business, correspondence (email, phone, social media, membership enquiries etc) are handled in a timely manner and, when required, reported or referred to the President or Board as appropriate for resolution of any issues.
● It is necessary to balance the Membership relationships, Chamber Business, Board Meeting requirements and day-to-day Administration. The person in this role will be required to prioritise a busy workload and have excellent organisational skills to deliver all of the key priorities.
● Working with the CEO and Board to provide high-calibre business and networking events, which will be provided by the Chamber throughout the year to engage members and attract new members to the Chamber. Additional support from the Board will be provided where required.
● Chamber events and activities will require flexible working when required. While normal office hours will be the norm, it may be necessary to work evenings and/or early mornings to cover events.
● Build relationships with Scottish Chamber of Commerce and local government organisations, using good judgement in determining appropriate local Chamber involvement.
● Reporting of monthly membership stats and set up of new members on the Quest Membership Services system affiliated with ICC.
● A major focus of the role is for the annual awards ceremony which was postponed this year and rescheduled for 2021. This is the Chamber business showcase of the year and the person in this role, will need a high level of event management skills, organisation and co-ordination to consolidate and manage all the constituent parts to make this event the highlight of the year when it returns, alongside the CEO and Board.
● The successful candidate will be responsible for the banking functions of the Chamber including, but not limited to, weekly payment runs and membership invoicing. Finance reporting will also be required with support from the Board Treasurer.
● The person in the role will be required to organise, attend, and minute all Board and other stakeholder-led meetings as well as prepare Board reports including social media reporting, finance reports, membership, and event reports for the Board.
● Excellent organisational, planning and administration skills.
● High level of verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a business.
● Experienced in Board administration, reporting and minute taking.
● Experience in events co-ordination and delivery.
● Ability to logically prioritise work items and balance tasks.
● A strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
● Basic knowledge of WordPress for uploading and editing content would be advantageous.
● Knowledge of Xero Accounting software would also be advantageous.
● Willing to flex work schedule in line with Chamber requirements.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
● Employment Contract will include six months probationary period.
● The working hours will be 14 hours per week (to be split as best required).
● Salary will be £8,000 per annum, paid monthly.
● Paid vacation will be 10 days.
● Salary will be paid monthly on 25th of each month.
● Weekly hours and activities will be officially recorded.
● The Chamber will provide an office, mobile phone, appropriate hardware, and software for the effective running of the Chamber business.
● The deadline for applications will be 5pm on Friday 6 November 2020.
● Candidate interviews will take place w/c Monday 9 November 2020.
● The successful candidate will be appointed w/c Monday 16 November 2020.
All interested parties should send a copy of their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.