Inverclyde Now Logo HORROR As Man Dies After Apparently Setting Himself On Fire Accidentally

16 September, 2020 | Local

A MAN has died in a fire at a property in Greenock after apparently setting himself on fire accidentally.

Emergency services were called to Union Street around 10.30 on Monday night.

A 46-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

A police spokesman said: “Enquiries continue however, at this time, the death is not believed to be suspicious and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with this.”

Police have not released any further details but security camera footage from the scene reportedly [Daily Record] shows a man catching fire outside the property while carrying what appears to be a petrol container.

Pin It on Pinterest