Photo by Tom Stevenson
A HUGE cargo ship which lost all power after being swamped by massive waves has arrived at Greenock for repairs.
Bulk carrier Cape Elise is due to be towed stern first by up to four tugs to Inchgreen berth tomorrow (Saturday). The 289-metre-long ship will be the biggest vessel at Inchgreen for more than 20 years.
The ship suffered engine failure in the Atlantic 180 miles from Ireland at the start of February while en route to Hunterson with coal. She was eventually towed to her destination and unloaded her cargo.
Repairs are expected to take three weeks.
- The Hundred-Foot Journey (PG)
- The House of Magic (U)
- Sex Tape (15)
- Pride (15)
- Let's Be Cops (15)
- A Most Wanted Man (15)
- The Guest (15)
- The Riot Club (15)
- The Boxtrolls [2D & 3D] (PG)
- If I Stay (12A)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (12A)
- Earth to Echo (PG)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 (PG)
- A Walk Among The Tombstones (15)
- REFERENDUM -- YES Lose In Inverclyde By Just 86 Votes
- BOMB Squad Called About Suspicious Device At Flats
- A BIRTHDAY Farewell To 'Madeira Street'
- PLANNING Applications -- Garden Flagpole At Half Mast
- BOY Attacked At School
- YOUNGSTERS On Their Bikes For Safety Event.
- SCOUT Notes -- Leapmoor Pipe Band Welcome Back Fund-Raisers
- CRIME In Brief -- Car Set On Fire