Photo by Tom Stevenson
A HUGE cargo ship which lost all power after being swamped by massive waves has arrived at Greenock for repairs.
Bulk carrier Cape Elise is due to be towed stern first by up to four tugs to Inchgreen berth tomorrow (Saturday). The 289-metre-long ship will be the biggest vessel at Inchgreen for more than 20 years.
The ship suffered engine failure in the Atlantic 180 miles from Ireland at the start of February while en route to Hunterson with coal. She was eventually towed to her destination and unloaded her cargo.
Repairs are expected to take three weeks.
- Fun Film Club -- Capture The Flag (PG)
- Capture the Flag (PG)
- Dad’s Army (PG)
- Goosebumps (PG) [2D & 3D]
- The Big Short (15)
- Dirty Grandpa (15)
- Daddy’s Home (12A)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12A)
- Pride And Prejudice And Zombies (15)
- Deadpool (15)
- Point Break (12A)
- Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip (U)
- One Act Play Festival -- 25 to 27 February
- High School Musical -- 23 to 26 March
- Mum's the Word 2 -- 12/13 February
- Western Division One Act Finals -- 17 to 19 March
- The Last Laugh -- 10 March
- 30:60:80 -- 26 February
- A Night of Musicals -- 21 February
- Scocha -- 20 February
- The Francie & Josie Show: A tribute to Rikki Fulton & Jack Milroy -- 18 February
- The Nutcracker -- 14 February