Photo by Tom Stevenson
A HUGE cargo ship which lost all power after being swamped by massive waves has arrived at Greenock for repairs.
Bulk carrier Cape Elise is due to be towed stern first by up to four tugs to Inchgreen berth tomorrow (Saturday). The 289-metre-long ship will be the biggest vessel at Inchgreen for more than 20 years.
The ship suffered engine failure in the Atlantic 180 miles from Ireland at the start of February while en route to Hunterson with coal. She was eventually towed to her destination and unloaded her cargo.
Repairs are expected to take three weeks.
- Mad About The Musicals -- 4 October
- The Last Yankee -- 1 October
- Des McLean -- 26 September
- Michelle McManus Reality - The Musical -- 24 September
- Peter Morrison And Friends -- 19 September
- Kind of Silence -- 19 September
- Forbidden Nights -- 16 September
- Black is the Color of My Voice -- 13 September
- Oog -- 12 September
- Phil & Aly -- 3 September