NEW uses are being proposed for a pub and a shop in Greenock town centre.
Permission is being sought to change the use of the George Bar premises at 29 King Street into a drop-in centre for elderly people.
The building would also be extended as part of the £80,000 development.
Meanwhile, an application has been made to turn a shop unit at 13 Hamilton Way in the Oak Mall into an amusement arcade.
Both proposals are pending consideration by Inverclyde Council’s planning department.
- Ramblers' Walk: Beinn Ghlas and Beinn Lawers -- 26 May
- Ramblers' Walk: Beecraigs and Cockleroy -- 25 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 26 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 20 May
- Light & Shade Art Exhibition -- 11 May to 1 June
- Yvonne Lyon Concert -- 25 May
- Riverside Youth Band Summer Concert -- 7 June
- Wherries Concert -- 7 June
- Sporting Dinner -- 8 June
- Newark Primary School Fun Day -- 15 June
- Westburn Church Fete -- 25 May
- Charity Concert in aid of Ardgowan Hospice -- 26 May
- DRUGS Gang Members Jailed
- YOUTHS Fire Air Weapon At Man With Learning Difficulties
- TEENAGER Allegedly 'Ran Over' Taxi
- TEENAGERS Hunted After Train Disturbance
- CRIME In Brief -- MAN Allegedly Assaulted Four Police Officers
- CRUISE Ship Infinity's First Clyde Visit -- WIth Link To 13 Photos
- MCGILL'S Were Just The Ticket For Temple Opening
- PROMENADE Cafe Plan For Ashton