PERMISSION has been given for a small disused shop in Kempock Street, Gourock to be used as a hot food takeaway.
One person objected to the plan for 63 Kempock Street – formerly jewellery outlet Designs By Lucy – and one letter of support was received by Inverclyde Council.
Planning officials felt additional activity from the small takeaway premises – in a street already busy at night time -- would not be significant enough to refuse permission.
- Ramblers' Walk: Beinn Ghlas and Beinn Lawers -- 26 May
- Ramblers' Walk: Beecraigs and Cockleroy -- 25 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 26 May
- Light & Shade Art Exhibition -- 11 May to 1 June
- Yvonne Lyon Concert -- 25 May
- Riverside Youth Band Summer Concert -- 7 June
- Wherries Concert -- 7 June
- Sporting Dinner -- 8 June
- Newark Primary School Fun Day -- 15 June
- Westburn Church Fete -- 25 May
- Charity Concert in aid of Ardgowan Hospice -- 26 May
- Comedy Drama Night -- 25 May
- BANK Machine Fraudster Thwarted
- LATEST Images In Our Gallery -- Fergusons Ferry Launch
- THIRTY-Five Hopefuls Start Recruit Challenge
- EXPEDITION Cruise Ship Visits
- CRIME In Brief -- MAN Charged After Drugs Find
- PLANNING Applications And Decisions -- GEORGE Square Business Centre Plan
- READER Talkback -- Should Be Easy To Find Train Louts
- HONOUR For Pirate-Catching Marine