Photo by Gary Pettigrew
THERE were rush-hour delays after a van overturned on the A8 at Langbank.
The Ford Transit, which had a small high-reach platform mounted on its roof, landed on its side facing the wrong way, after one of the wheels malfunctioned.
The crash happened just after 4pm and led to long tailbacks as the eastbound carriageway had to be closed while the vehicle was recovered and a fuel spillage was dealt with.
The driver was not injured.
- Inverclyde Heritage Festival -- 13 to 19 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 19 May
- Light & Shade Art Exhibition -- 11 May to 1 June
- Ramblers' Walk: A’Chrois in the Arrochar Alps -- 19 May
- Yvonne Lyon Concert -- 25 May
- Riverside Youth Band Summer Concert -- 7 June
- Wherries Concert -- 7 June
- Sporting Dinner -- 8 June
- Spring Bling Tabletop Sale -- 25 May
- CRIME In Brief -- MAN Charged Over Three Assaults
- A-MAZE-ING Job Move For Young Chef
- NEW Theatre Opening With Comedy Drama Night
- LATEST Readers' Photos -- Tourists Spot Town Trail Plaque
- VOYAGE From Clyde To Mark 60 Years Of Trust Cruises
- COUNCIL Tax Grants To Lure Newcomers
- PLAQUE Marks College's Shipyard Role
- PLANNING Applications And Decisions -- 70-Metre Corlic Hill Mast Plan