COASTGUARD officers at Greenock’s soon-to-close maritime rescue centre spotted two people in the Clyde.
They raised the alarm around 10.30am on Tuesday and sent Greenock Coastguard Rescue Team, Helensburgh lifeboat and Clydeport pilot vessel Toward to the scene just off the Coastguard Station at Navy Buildings.
The pair, who fell from a dinghy, were taken ashore and delivered into the care of the ambulance service.
The Government intend to close the Greenock co-ordination centre at the end of the year.
- Ramblers' Walk: Beinn Ghlas and Beinn Lawers -- 26 May
- Ramblers' Walk: Beecraigs and Cockleroy -- 25 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 26 May
- Greenock Fire Museum Open -- 20 May
- Light & Shade Art Exhibition -- 11 May to 1 June
- Yvonne Lyon Concert -- 25 May
- Riverside Youth Band Summer Concert -- 7 June
- Wherries Concert -- 7 June
- Sporting Dinner -- 8 June
- Newark Primary School Fun Day -- 15 June
- Westburn Church Fete -- 25 May
- Charity Concert in aid of Ardgowan Hospice -- 26 May
- DRUGS Gang Members Jailed
- YOUTHS Fire Air Weapon At Man With Learning Difficulties
- TEENAGER Allegedly 'Ran Over' Taxi
- TEENAGERS Hunted After Train Disturbance
- CRIME In Brief -- MAN Allegedly Assaulted Four Police Officers
- PROMENADE Cafe Plan For Ashton
- CRUISE Ship Infinity's First Clyde Visit -- WIth Link To 13 Photos
- NEWS In Brief -- CAFE Flooded By Sprinkler